Know it’s not YOUR FAULT
Find a SAFE PLACE
Preserve evidence of the attack – don’t change clothes, bathe or brush your teeth. Do not clean or straighten up the crime scene
Write down all the details you can recall about the attack & the attacker
Step 1) Report the attack as soon as possible, CALL 911
- An advocate from Crisis Line (478) 745-9292 can help you understand the process.
Step 2) Get immediate MEDICAL ATTENTION
- Ask the hospital to call a Rape Crisis Advocate from Crisis Line & Safe House (478) 745-9292 to support you during your hospital stay.
- Request that the hospital to conduct a rape kit exam to preserve forensic evidence.
- If you suspect you were drugged, ask that a urine sample be collected.
- Even with no physical injuries, it is important to determine the risks of STDs and pregnancy.
Step 3) CALL Crisis Line and Safe House 24 hours a day : (478) 745-9292 to speak with a trained advocate.
- Whether you were sexually assaulted recently or the assault happened months or years ago, speaking with an advocate can provide emotional support as you work toward healing.
SEEK assistance from people or sources that will be supportive and understanding.
- Friends/Family Members
- Crisis Line & Safe House (478) 745-9292
- Local Counselor
- RAINN’s Online Hotline http://apps.rainn.orgiohl-bridge/ Teacher
Know that healing TAKES TIME