The 6th Annual Appetites for Advocacy Event October 3, 2017 is Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia’s largest single event fundraiser for the year along with Local Celebrity Waiters we’re inviting you, your family and friends to come out and support this event by simply enjoying dinner at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen located at 4040 Riverside Dr, Macon, GA 31210 between 5 pm to 9 pm.
The Appetites for Advocacy Event Supports Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia that provides services for many individuals in our community experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia also provides services to those experiencing dating violence, stalking, elder abuse and human trafficking.
- 1,347 Crisis Hotline Calls Were Answered by Trained Advocates.
- 71% of Callers Reported Domestic Violence Related Issues.
- 8.7% of Callers Reported Sexual Assault Related Issues.
- The Legal Advocacy Program Assisted 350 Clients seeking Help With Safety Planning, Temporary Protective Orders, and Stalking Orders.
- The 12-Bed, Confidentially-Located Safe House Was At Capacity (i.e. Full) 77.2% of 2016.
- 129 Individuals Were Housed Either In Safe Shelter or In Hotels.
- The Shelter Offer A Variety of Events That Appeal To Everyone While Promoting A Safe, Stable Home Environment. Activities At The Shelter Includes;
- Weekly Therapeutic Support Groups
- House Meetings,
- Yoga Therapy,
- Cooking Classes
- Resume Workshops
- Financial Planning
- Parenting Classes
- Family Bonding Events
- Birthday Parties
- Game Nights and More.
- 147 Individuals Made An Initial Report of Sexual Assault In 2016 And Many clients From Previous Years Continued To Receive Services.
- Advocates Responded To The Hospital To Provide Emotional Support, Advocacy, And Clothing For 65 Victims of Sexual Assault.
- 82 Sexual Assault Victims Made Initial Contact Via Hotline or Office Appointment.
- Activities For The Sexual Assault Advocacy Program Includes Hospital Accompaniment During Forensic Medical Examinations and Supporting Victims Through The Criminal Justice Process.
If you CAN NOT attend the night of October 3, 2017 you can still support a Celebrity Waiter and Crisis Line & Safe House of Central Georgia by clicking on one of the Celebrity Waiter buttons below and making a donation of any amount.
|PLUS…David Cooke has pledged to match the total funds raised for this event. So every dollar counts! If you want to make a general donation to Crisis Line & Safe House Click The Button Below|